5 tips to manage PPC campaigns during COVID-19
May 19, 2020
The first half of 2020 has been challenging, to say the least, and while the country puts its best efforts forward in getting back to the norm, we’re not out of the woods yet. Adapting to the change of this uncertain time is the best way of waiting out this pandemic. One way to adjust if you haven’t done so already is by making sure your PPC campaigns are aligned.
Manage your PPC campaigns during the coronavirus COVID-19 with these five tips:
- Shift Business Messaging – Promoting different products or services that have more demand at the time is normal and should be done now, especially if your product or service is considered essential or can be a priority during this pandemic. Shift your PPC campaign to promote what your business can offer.
Ways to shift messaging:
- Review current campaigns and update any call to action messages that suggest to visit in person.
- Update any sensitive images in display and social ads of people in groups or that are touching.
- Add curbside pickup information if applicable.
- Make your shipping information easy to find and include features such as free and fast.
- Update your hours of operation if they have changed.
- Add a message on how your company is responding to this pandemic in primary ad copy, site links, call-outs, and on your website’s landing page.
- Retain brand presence.
- Budgets & Spend – Re-evaluate your campaign budget and spend, and adjust your account to the products and services that have more relevance. Moving your spend to the best performing campaigns right now would maximize your results. Compare your budget vs. spend to see if there is any budget not used during the year to help with your campaigns now. Also, utilize smart bidding to have your campaigns automatically adjust cost-per-click (CPC) bids to align with your advertising goals.
- Search Behaviors – People are searching online more than ever to buy the essentials they need and get the information they need on this pandemic. Make sure your PPC ads communicate what services you have that can be delivered virtually with delivery turn-around times. Use Ads and Ad extensions to promote your benefits, such as free delivery, curbside pick-up, and no-contact delivery. Utilize negative keywords to stand out from your competition and use Google’s Coronavirus trends as a guide.
- Channels – Everyone has shifted to social media and online channels for communication, entertainment, and education. Using PPC and paid social ads is an opportunity to reach more users now as they consume more content.
- Remain Flexible – Stay on top of current trends during the coronavirus, and the new trends that occur when restrictions are lifted. When things start getting back to normal, re-evaluate your PPC campaigns to reflect how users are searching and buying.
KSA&D uses the best practices for our client’s PPC campaigns and makes the necessary optimizations for changes, such as this pandemic. We can put a successful PPC campaign in place for your business. Contact us to get started.